Experienced TX Franchise Law Attorneys
Our Irving attorneys assist with purchase, sale and management
Franchising your business or buying into a franchise can be a lucrative venture. But the key to success is doing it correctly from the beginning. An experienced franchise lawyer can make certain you are on the right track.
At Michael Caolo & Associates, our franchise lawyers assess the risks and advantages of franchising, as well as the commitment required, so you have sufficient information to support your decisions.
Knowledgeable about all aspects of franchise law
For franchisors, our franchise attorneys:
- Explain your rights and obligations
- Create a financing plan
- Draft and review critical documents:
- Franchise agreement
- Equipment lease
- Software license
- Escrowed lease assignment
- Term and renewal provisions
- Transfer conditions
- Development agreement formulas
- Protected territory arrangements
- Disclosure documents
- Help formulate franchise payments, royalties, advertising contributions
- Register the franchise
- Ensure compliance with state and federal disclosure requirements
- Discuss trademark issues
For franchisees, our attorneys ensure your interests are protected by reviewing the terms and conditions in your franchise agreement for:
- The term
- Right to renew
- Protected territory offering
- Franchise opening requirements
- Franchise fee
- Trademark requirements
- Transfer restrictions
- Termination provisions
- Dispute resolution parameters
We help you get the most out of your purchase
Our franchise lawyers make certain you understand your rights and obligations under the agreement. We also vigorously negotiate your agreement with the franchisor if necessary, draft or review the franchise purchase agreement and champion your interests through the closing.
If you are selling a franchise, our firm drafts and reviews documents related to the sale of assets, assignment of lease and assignment of the franchise agreement.
Clients trust us to provide concrete advice and outstanding service as they work through the franchise process.